DSH Exam Preparation Course I (Winter Semester)
DSH Preparation Course I
- Start of lessons: 14. Oktober 2019
- Course duration: 14.10.2019 - 31.01.2020
- Start of registration: 22.07.2019
- To consolidate and deepen basic knowledge
- be able to carry out linguistic actions orally and in writing in everyday life
- understand general language and simple study-related listening and reading texts and be able to deal with them in a meaningful way
- Preparation for the preparation course II, which concludes with the DSH examination
The preparatory German courses are aimed at applicants with a proven higher education entrance qualification who do not yet have sufficient German language skills to take up a course of study.
- You must have completed at least level B1 in German (in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). This must be proven by one of the following certificates*:
- DSD I or DSD I PRO with 4 partial competences each at B1 level
- TestDaF with at least grade 3 in all four examination areas
- Goethe Institute: Certificate B1 (with grade good, at least 80% in all examination parts)
*The certificate should not be older than one year. The grade attained for each GER level must be at least “good”.
Scope of services:
The following services are included in the course price:
- 14 teaching weeks with 20 teaching units/week
- 280 teaching units of German instruction*
- Blended Learning offers - Access to the RWTH Learning and Teaching Portal (Moodle)
- All learning materials
- Text production corrections
- Regular review of performance status
*Times without lessons are caused by public holidays in Germany and may lead to deviations in the number of weekly hours.
Revising the B1 level and extending the knowledge with materials that go beyond the B1 level.
- Skill training
- Listening comprehension (audio files and videos)
- Reading comprehension (with specially prepared authentic texts)
- Text production
- Academic language structures (grammar)
- Preparation of short transcripts
- Writing texts according to specifications
- Training of oral expression skills
- Exercises for independent responses in dialogue situations
- Presentation exercises
- Exercises on culturally appropriate conversational behavior
- Analysis and application of academic language structures
- Vocabulary extension
- Mediating country- and region-specific knowledge
- Pronunciation training
- Teaching and applying learning strategies
- Instructions for self-learning
- Final test - Participation in the DSH examination immediately after this course is not planned.
Prerequisite for passing the course:
- Attendance of at least 80% of class time
- Passing of final test
- 1.200 Euro including 50 Euro admission fee
A semester ticket and/or accomodation are not included ind the course fee and cannot be booked at the Language Center.
You will receive all further information during the online registration. If you have other questions, please consult our Infostelle/Service-Point.