Deputy Head of IGaD
- +49 241 80 90627
- Send Email
In the area of national and European research funding, RWTH consistently pursues the goal of equal opportunities for scientists. The counselling service Gender Consulting, which is based at IGaD, supports the integration of appropriate concepts and measures in project applications.
One area of focus is on planned and existing cooperation projects funded by the DFG (Research Training Groups, Collaborative Research Centers, Priority Programs and Research Units). Equal opportunities in the German scientific system are an important concern of DFG. Each research network therefore has to present in the project proposal a concept of measures for the equality of scientists as well as for the promotion of reconciliation of family and scientific career. The DFG enables applications for the necessary finds for the implementation of these equal opportunity measures.
Against this background, the Gender Equality Action Plan of RWTH Aachen University perceives Gender Consulting for DFG-funded cooperation projects as binding:
A personal, conceptual and content-related consultation will be integrated into all project phases; the support is provided from the early application to the project realization.
Offers, service and cooperations
The goal of Gender Consulting is to provide research networks with suitable gender equality plan when applying for third-party funding. This offer consists of:
- Support in the implementation of a “Gender Equality Module” in the proposal text
- Conception of research-network-specific measures
- Design of inter-university measures in cooperation with those responsible at the partner universities
- Counselling and assistance in the implementation of equal opportunities measures after the approval of the application or the follow-up application
- Tips on the use of gender-neutral language in the application text
- Implementation of a gender-sensitive research design and contact with people with relevant expertise
- Preparation and guidance of inspections on equal opportunity aspects
IGaD cooperates closely with Department 4.3 Career Development and the Family Services Center in matters related to equal opportunities measures. Additionally, IGaD is a member of the nationwide Network Gender Consulting in Research Associations.