DSH Exam Preparation Course 200
The DSH Exam Preparation Course 200 is comprised of 200 contact hours of German language instruction (1 contact hour = 45 minutes) and a guaranteed place for one DSH exam to be taken at the RWTH Language Center. Courses either start in late September and end in December or start in April and end in June.
In order to register for this course you must have completed the B2 level (of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). You have to confirm your knowledge of the German language with one of the following certificates*:
- Goethe Institute Certificate B2 (at least 80% in all parts)
- TestDaF with a score of 4 or higher in three of the four sections and a score of 3 or higher in one of the four sections
- DSH 1
- Telc B2
- certificate of a German course taken at a university confirming a completed B2 level
*Certificates should not be older than 1 year. The B2 level should be completed with a grade of at least “good”/"gut".
Scope of the Offer
The course fee covers:
- one course unit of 10 weeks with 20 contact hours per week
- 200 contact hours of German language instruction in total
- schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 12 noon
- access to RWTH L²P learning platform
- guaranteed place in one DSH exam to be taken at the RWTH Language Center (immediately following the last course unit)
- individual determination of your German language proficiency (placement test)
- participation certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- listening comprehension training
- reading comprehension training
- guided text production
- academic writing text analysis
- responding independently in conversation
- oral expression
- appropriate cultural behaviour in oral communication
- 800 euros plus a registration fee of 50 euros
- 140 euros DSH exam fee
A semester ticket for public transportation and accommodation are not included in the course fee.
You will receive further information during the online registration. If you have other questions, please consult our Infostelle/Service Point.