DSH Exam Preparation Course 400
The DSH Exam Preparation Course 400 is comprised of 400 contact hours of German language instruction (1 contact hour = 45 minutes) and includes a guaranteed place for one DSH exam to be taken at the RWTH Language Center. Courses either start in late September and end in March or start in January and end in June.
In order to register for this course you must have completed the B1 level (of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). You have to confirm your knowledge of the German language with one of the following certificates*:
- Goethe Institute Certificate B1 with a score of at least 80% in each section
- TestDaF with a score of at least 3 in each section
- DSD I or DSD I PRO with 4 sub-competencies each at language level B1
*Certificates should not be older than 1 year. The B1 level should be completed with a grade of at least “good”/"gut".
Scope of the Offer
The course fee covers:
- two course units of 10 weeks with 20 contact hours per week
- 400 contact hours of German language instruction in total
- schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 12 noon
- access to RWTH L²P learning platform
- guaranteed place in one DSH exam to be taken at the RWTH Language Center (immediately following the last course unit)
- individual determination of your German language proficiency (placement test)
- participation certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- listening comprehension training
- reading comprehension training
- guided text production
- academic writing text analysis
- responding independently in conversation
- oral expression
- appropriate cultural behaviour in oral communication
- 1,600 euros plus registration fee of 50 euros
- 140 euros DSH exam fee
A semesterticket for public transportation and accommodation is not included in the course fee.
You will receive all further information during the online registration. If you have other questions, please consult our Infostelle/Service-Point.